What essential oils work best for headaches?
Here are the seven best essential oils for headaches.
1. Peppermint Oil. Peppermint oil is a common essential oil used to treat headaches for a variety of reasons.
2. Eucalyptus Oil. Eucalyptus oil has many health benefits, including reducing headache pain.
3. Rosemary. has been used to treat poor circulation and headaches for centuries It can also help reduce potential headache causes such as digestive problems and stress.
4. Roman Chamomile. Many people will sip a cup of chamomile tea when trying to get to sleep. While there is little research supporting these claims it is thought Roman Chamomile may help with:
1. Anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving benefits
2. Sleep inducement
5. Immune system health
5. Lavender. Almost anyone who has ever used lavender–whether in the bath or in a sachet–can attest to its relaxing and calming properties.
6. Clary Sage. This essential oil may have a number of health benefits, from easing menstrual cramps to encouraging creativity to reducing anxiety and stress.
7. Sweet Basil. Has been found to be good for digestive and hormonal headaches, as well as migraines. This essential oil supports overall health and immunity. It also aids in easind headache pain and its antispasmodic effects help relieve muscle cramps and is also good for coughs, the flu and colds.
How to use essential oils for headaches
After finding a high-quality essential oil make sure that you’re always using a diluted mixture of it and a carrier oil when it comes into contact with your skin.
Some of the best carrier oils for essential oils are:
1. Jojoba oil
2. Argan oil
3. Avocado oil
4. Sweet almond oil
5. Magnesium oil
6. Coconut oil
Before using any essential oils, it’s important to talk to your doctor to make sure there are no health risks from using them. Also talk to a doctor before using these oils if you’re pregnant or breast feeding.